The contract for a holiday rental property shall be made between the client and Hemera Holidays. The contract shall be governed by UK law. It will be entered into when the deposit is processed and confirmation letter is issued.
By making a reservation you are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions.
The contract will be subject to the following booking conditions.
The client making the booking agrees that they are authorised to make this booking on behalf of all persons who shall be renting the property and agrees to take full responsibility for the property and the payment of any rental fees or damages. At least one person in the party must be over 18 years of age.
OCCUPATION OF THE HOLIDAY PROPERTIES
An extra charge applies for the use of sofa beds per rental. This may vary by property.
Please note that all persons aged 2 and over must be allocated a bed.
REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE BOND
A refundable bond of £80 is required per property and is payable with the final payment. This will be returned once the property has been checked for breakages either to your property or the hot tub if you have one with your accommodation, and to make sure it has been left in a fit state. Should you have a hot tub, then it is your responsibility that it is used sensibly and any unreasonable call outs will be deducted from your security bond. Security Bond is refunded within a week of you finishing your holiday.
PERIOD OF HIRE
The prices quoted are per property, per week or short break on a self catering basis.
Welcome baskets may be provided by the owner of the property with their complements, but does not form part of the price of the holiday and we cannot guarantee that every owner provides a welcome basket.
Arrival and Departure days and times vary from property to property. Please ensure you check your booking confirmation and also your arrival instructions to ensure you have the correct details, for the property you are staying in.
We ask that you inform us of your planned arrival time. You must also inform us if you are expecting to arrive after 5.00pm.
All published rates include VAT where applicable (and local taxes) at the current rate. Rates are per property per stay. Rates quoted are correct only for the specific number of guests and dates shown. Should you change the number of guests or dates then the rates are subject to change.
ACCOMMODATION BOOKING DEPOSIT
A deposit is payable at the time of booking. This varies from property to property but is generally either £100 or 25% of the cost of your holiday. You will be informed upon booking which applies to the property you are booking. Non payment of the balance of the rental on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the client, for bookings made less than eight weeks before the commencement of the rental the total rental fee is payable at time of booking.
Payments can be made using a PayPal account or using our Merchant Account via a credit or debit card. Credit/Debit card details are entered on a secure page and details are transferred using SSL technology. Payments can also be made over the phone or via cheque. All cheques must be made payable to Hemera Holidays Ltd
Changes to the date of your booking will only be accepted (subject to availability) if the request is made no less than six weeks prior to the date of date of your arrival. This will incur a £50.00 handling charge.
Any cancellation made by the client for whatever reason must be in writing before 8 weeks of the holiday. If full payment has been made and we can re-let the property, 50% of the balance payment will be refunded. If the property is not re-let, no refund will be payable. Hemera Holidays strongly recommend that the client takes out insurance against cancellation.
Rental charges include bed linen, towels for your use during your stay. Beds will be made up prior to your arrival and linen and towels will be changed at the end of each rental. Additional cleaning/bed linen is available at an extra cost; Electricity, Gas/LPG and water are included within the rental charge.
You will need to bring some extra towels if you have a hot tub with your accommodation.
CARE OF THE PROPERTY
The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as was found at the beginning. No candles or any other ignition sources are to be used in the properties.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All fixtures, fittings and equipment must be used solely for their intended purpose.
Hemera Holidays request that you do not take into the properties any portable heaters, lighting equipment or any items that may cause danger to the property, its equipment or its occupants, any bulky items such as bicycles, fishing or golf equipment are NOT to be taken into the property.
Outdoor shoes should not be worn inside the property.
BBQ’s should not be used on any wooden structures or terraces.
BREAKAGES, DAMAGES OR MISSING ITEMS
The Client is legally bound to reimburse Hemera Holidays for breakages, damages, missing items or excessive cleaning caused by the party during the period of the rental, including a deep clean should the client have smoked inside the property.
Children must be supervised at all times, this is particularly important around any properties with either a lake, hot tub or beach front.
JACUZZI HOT TUB SAFETY
To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tub that is provided with your holiday accommodation, we ask that you read through and adhere to the rules of this safety document
You can do this by downloading a copy of the full disclaimer HERE and return it to us, or you can email us with the details of your property and the date you are staying, confirming your acceptance. Email email@example.com
- During pregnancy soaking in the hot tub may cause damage to the foetus, so contact your Doctor for advice before starting your holiday with us, to ensure it is safe for you to use the hot tub.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection or irritating your condition.
- Never use the hot tub while using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise / lower your blood pressure.
- At 39/40 OC limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes, as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever like conditions. At 36-37OC this time can be extended as this is body temperature and there is no risk.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increased the risk of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction below the water line.
- Never use the hot tub alone. Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- Never use glass near or in the hot tub, as broken glass can cause a risk to people in bare feet and is very difficult to see within the hot tub water.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near or in the hot tub.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub please contact the owner of your property at the earliest convenient moment.
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultant with their Doctor.
- Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four and to warn their children not to allow water in to their mouths as this can cause infection and illness.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the comment skin bacterial and removes lotions, deodorants, creams, etc., which reduce the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water.
- Make sure fake tan is removed before using the hot tub as this reacts to the chemicals and reduces the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water. It also colours the water and marks the waterline of the hot tub.
- Never allow children to sue the hot tub unsupervised and when not in use make sure the cover is on and secured.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
- Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- Take care on the decking / hot tub steps as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists contact a local doctor or A&E. There is a list in the information pack in your accommodation.
- Do not turn hot tub isolation switch at the electricity point of your accommodation as power is needed to be turned on to carry out the cleaning cycles.
To comply with HSE regulations, the hot tub water is checked every morning. Please ensure the hot tub cover is clear and any pets are kept off the decking prior to this time to allow this testing to be carried out.
Only those persons notified to us are entitled to occupy the accommodation allocated, if you are expecting visitors you must inform us so we can check with the owner of your property and confirm their acceptance. You will also be held responsible for the behaviour of your guests while they are visiting. Visiting guests are not permitted to stay overnight.
Hemera Holidays operates a No Smoking Policy within all of their accommodation. Additional charges will be made to cover deep cleaning costs and any loss of rental income if smoking is discovered in any of their properties.
Most of our Properties allow up to two well behaved dogs in the them; Clients are advised that they will be charged for any damage caused by their pets. Some owners ask for a small charge for dogs and this will be made clear when booking if it applies.
Parking of vehicles must be in the designated car parking space and must not obstruct the roadway, your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk, Hemera Holidays will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any vehicle. Repairs to vehicles (except emergency repairs) must not be carried out on the property premises or grounds.
A minimum charge of £25.00 is made for the return of lost property found after your departure, Items of lost property can only be held for a maximum of one month after which time they are donated to charity. We cannot be held responsible for items reported lost which cannot be found. Property is at all times the responsibility of the owner.
RIGHT OF ENTRY
We will not enter a property once let without your agreement; however employees of Hemera Holidays shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
Hemera Holidays cannot accept liability for any damage or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s) from any cause other than the proven negligence of Hemera Holidays.
You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and no liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property.
Hemera Holidays cannot accept responsibility or pay compensation where the performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances including any event which amount to force mejeure. These circumstances include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) though fire or flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots of civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control.
Protecting your privacy is important to us and we will strive to keep your personal information confidential, your details will be kept on our database to enable us to keep you up to date with any future offers, information or mailings. We do not give any information to third parties or use information gathered in any other way than those described above, if required by law or legal process to disclose your personal information we will do so only in accordance with the law.
SITE / PROPERTY RULES
All occupiers of Hemera Holidays are expected to abide by the site rules, or property / grounds rules of the accommodation they are staying in.
Hemera Holidays endeavour to ensure that everything is to your satisfaction during your stay, however, should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property it must be notified promptly to the management and in the case of a serious problem confirmed in writing, so that we may take it up with the owner of the property you are staying in. Only in exceptional circumstances will owners details be passed on and only with prior agreement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hemera Holidays reserve the right to change or amend the terms and conditions at any time, we also reserve the right to terminate the agreement / booking without refund of money if the behaviour of any guest is considered unacceptable, site rules are broken or if the number of occupants exceeds that stated at the time of booking.
Hemera Holidays Limited, company number 9299249, registered office,
1st Floor, The Smithyside,
7 Bell Villas,
Newcastle upon Tyne,