Hemera Holidays are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
In line with GDPR, this policy is effective from 23/05/2018, and we will update you with any changes to future updates to our Privacy Notice.
We understand the importance of GDPR and our role as a custodian of the data you have provided to us either as an interested person or as a user of our services.
Here is a simple summary of the content of this policy, it separates into two parts.
- We will only collect your data if you want us to, that includes providing us your details as part of a business discussion, or when booking a holiday with us. Personal contact details may be passed to the owner of the property you are staying in but only for them to contact you in case of an emergency or if a problem occurs.
- We act as a data controller for data we collect.
- We don’t do everything ourselves, we use other sub-processors such as Worldpay, Websand, Mailchimp, Google Analytics and Bookalet.
- As part of the move to GDPR compliance we have used legitimate interests as a legal method of consent to continue to process the data of our users, and people that have previously signed up, or have provided their details as part of ongoing business discussions.
- As has always been the case, when it comes to removing yourself from our communications, you can unsubscribe at any time.
- We do collect cookies, but we don’t really do anything with them. It’s really just aggregated reporting within Google Analytics.
If you wish us to remove your data, or wish to request a subject access request, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
Information We collect from You
We collect information in a variety of ways including through our Booking System “Bookalet” and mailing platforms such as Mailchimp and Websand. We also on occasions collect information through Facebook Advertising and Lead Generation. All of these companies have their own policies on their website.
The Information we collect may include the following:-
Personal Details, such as name, address, telephone no and email address
No payment details are stored on this website – they are dealt with by Worldpay, our chosen provider of Merchant Services, who adheres to all of the Financial Regulations when collecting and processing card payments, including the new PSI regulations.
We may, from time to time, receive voluntary information from you, which is to do with a medical condition or a disability that is relevant to your holiday requirements.
Information you share when entering competitions that we hold, or in any customer surveys we carry out.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website Will:
- Remember where you are in the booking process
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website May:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
This website will not
- Share any personal information with third parties.
About Hemera Holidays
Hemera Holidays are a booking Agent for privately owned holiday lets. We are a limited company registration no – 09299249 and our Registered Office Address is 1st Floor, the Smithyside, 7 Bell Villas, Ponteland, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE20 9BD, Tel No – 01670 432300 and if you’d like to contact us our email is firstname.lastname@example.org