Hot Tub Disclaimer
If your property has a hot tub with it we need your agreement to the following disclaimer so that you know what you should and shouldn’t do in the hot tub to keep you and your party safe.
It is part of the owner’s insurance that they have this signed and if we don’t have your agreement then the hot tub will not be available for you during your stay.
Hot Tub Safety
Guidance/Instructions on safe use of the Hot Tub: –
- During pregnancy, soaking in the hot tub may cause damage to the foetus, so contact your Doctor for advice before starting your holiday with us, to ensure it is safe for you to use the hot tub.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection or irritating your condition.
- Never use the hot tub while using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise / lower your blood pressure.
- At 39/40 ®C limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes, as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever like conditions. At 36-37®C this time can be extended as this is body temperature and there is no risk.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increases the risk of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction below the water line.
- Never use the hot tub alone. Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- Never use glass near or in the hot tub, as broken glass can cause a risk to people in bare feet and is very difficult to see within the hot tub water. You may also be charged by the owner if they need to undertake additional cleaning because of miss-use.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near or in the hot tub.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub, please contact the owner of your property at the earliest convenient moment.
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their Doctor.
- Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four and to warn their children not to allow water in to their mouths as this can cause infection and illness.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams, etc., which reduce the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water.
- Make sure fake tan is removed before using the hot tub as this reacts to the chemicals and reduces the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water. It also colours the water and marks the waterline of the hot tub and may mean you are charged for a deep clean of the hot tub after your stay.
- Never allow children to use the hot tub unsupervised and when not in use make sure the cover is on and secured.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
- Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- Take care on the decking / hot tub steps as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists, contact a local doctor or A&E. There should be a list of contact Numbers in your property, usually in an information folder.
- Do not turn hot tub isolation switch off at the electricity point of your accommodation as power is needed to be turned on to carry out the cleaning cycles. You will hear the hot tub start twice a day /night to run the cleaning cycles.
- Pets are not allowed in your Hot Tub at any time.
Notes to Hot tub users and Parents
It is your responsibility to enforce the rules of safety within your accommodation’s hot tub.
The life and health of you, your family and friends is important. Please practice safety and supervise your hot tub in line with these safety guidelines.
For Health and Safety reasons we have to clean the hot tubs before each set of guests, therefore, when you arrive your hot tub may not to up to optimum temperature. You do not need to do anything as the hot tub will be switched on and set to the correct temperature. We are sorry if this causes any inconvenience, but it is important that your hot tub is properly prepared for your use.
To comply with HSE regulations, the hot tub water is checked daily. Please ensure the hot tub cover is clear and any pets are kept off the decking prior to this time to allow this testing to be carried out.
Whilst you are staying with us, if you have any problems, please use the contact telephone number in your Guest area of our booking system.
Email your confirmation
Once you have read the Disclaimer please email your agreement to
This will ensure you have the hot tub to use during your stay. Without your confirmation it will not be available.
The Hemera Girls