Four Sisters Boatel - Scotland
This self-catering Boatel is a purpose built, permanently moored, static wide-beam houseboat situated in the upmarket Quay area of Edinburgh. The décor compliments the warm tones of the oak lined interior so it is the perfect mix of opulence and comfort.
With 2 elegant double cabins plus and recessed kids bunk beds, it accommodates 4 adults and 2 children under the age of 10, plus your furry friend is welcome on board too! If your group is larger, there is an additional double bed-settee available in the lounge area also.
The luxuriously dressed beds are adorned with the finest bedding, with an emphasis on relaxation and sumptuousness, so come on board and enjoy this wonderful experience.
As there is full central heating on board, passengers will always be cosy even in the coldest of winters and further electric heating is also available throughout if required.
The interior living space is surprisingly spacious, with seating for 6 and has everything you need with a flat-screen TV with Freeview, book library, and of course WI-FI Unlimited streaming and downloads. There is also smart streaming technology on the television with free access to Netflix, amazon prime video and more as well as Alexa smart speaker with free access to amazon music.
A fully-equipped galley kitchen with oven, microwave and fridge, plus a breakfast bar and stools has everything you need to create a culinary feast and outside there is a tented weatherproof decked area, seating for 6 plus an outdoor BBQ area.
There is a small shower room on board with a WC and wash hand basin, plus washing and laundry facilities are available on site also.
You will have everything you could need to make your stay comfortable and relaxing, and this is a truly unique place to stay on a visit to the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
If this beauty is not big enough for you, ask us about the the new houseboat, moored next door, which sleeps 8 adults - or hire the two together for up to 14 guests in total!
Come enjoy the historic Castle on the hill, fantastic shopping, cafes, restaurants, bars and nightlife - there really is something for everyone and Four Sisters is the perfect alternative accommodation to base yourself to explore it all.
Property type: Securely moored, static houseboat with luxury interior. Permanently moored in the Lochrin Basin, it is just a 10-minute walk from Edinburgh’s historic and vibrant city centre.
General: Smoking only permitted outside. Please only use the eco-friendly toiletries and cleaning products provided as all wastewater drains directly into the canal. No Candles or incense permitted. Please do not wear stiletto heels on board.
Kitchen: Fully equipped galley kitchen with breakfast bar and stools.
Living: Seating for 6 people. 32-inch plasma TV with smart technology including Nexflix and Amazon Prime Video plus Freeview. Double sofa bed if required.
Bedrooms: The two beautifully dressed double cabins are compact but offer the ultimate in luxury and comfort and each have a 14 inch TV. There is a double sofa bed in the lounge to accommodate larger groups.
Bathrooms: There is a Shower room complete with WC/WHB. The shower is a ceramic 24-inch square shower. Hot water is supplied by means of a water heater which takes just a few minutes to reach the required temperature.
The ceramic WC on board is the latest model in boating technology with touch panel flush.
Suitability: Not suitable for wheelchair users.
Pets: 2 x dog allowed.
Outside: Outdoor deck area with seating for 6 people.
General Facilities on Board:
- 32-inch plasma TV with Freeview • DVD Player • 2 x sets of wireless headphones • 2 x fishing rods • Adult & Kids library • Board games • Electric massage chair • Air conditioning fan • Amazon Alexa with free access to Amazon Prime Music • Smart streaming technology with free access to Nexflix and Amazon Prime Video • Portable cot • Baby monitor • Foot spa • Picnic blanket • BBQ • Picnic cooling bag • Bottled water • Electric under blankets • 2 x 14-inch plasma TV’s • Complimentary hot drinks tray • Basic condiments • Eco-friendly cleaning products • Bath/hand/tea towels • 2 x bath robes • Eco-friendly toiletries • Toilet tissue • Iron • Ironing board • Clothes dryer • Small first aid kit • 2 x cagoules
Please note, not all of these amenities are available due to Covid-19 regulations, but they will be reinstated when it is safe to do so.
Museum: National Museum of Scotland, Royal Yacht Brittania, Camera Obscura and World of Illusions, The Chocolatarium, Royal Botanic Gardens, Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Surgeons’ Hall Museum, Scottish National Gallery, Dynamic Earth and much more!
Golf: Prestonfield Golf Club, The Bruntsfield Links Golf Society, Silverknowes Golf Course
Walking: Arthur's Seat is one of four hill forts, dating from around 2,000 years ago. Situated within Holyrood Park, as well as it's rich cultural heritage, the park offers walks, solace, wildlife, volcanic geology and unparalleled vistas of the city from its many vantage points.
Restaurants / Pubs: There are many great restaurants and bars in Edinburgh but here are some great ones within walking distance;
- Japanese - Harajuku Kitchen 10 Gillespie Pl Edinburgh EH10 4HS.
- Chinese - Dumplings of China, 60 Home St, Edinburgh EH3 9NA.
- Bisque Brasserie - 74 Bruntsfield Pl, Edinburgh EH10 4HH.
- Decanter Wine bar - 183 Bruntsfield Pl, Edinburgh EH10 4DG.
- The areas of Morningside and Bruntsfield are within a 5 minute walk and packed with lots of great local independent restaurants and bars.
- City Sightseeing Edinburgh Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tours.
- Ghost & Vampire Tours.
- Edinburgh Harry Potter Walking Tour.
- The Scotch Whisky Experience.
- Royal Mile.
- Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Edinburgh Old Town.
- Royal Yacht Brittania.
- Shopping - Luxury brands, high street stores and beautiful boutiques, Edinburgh has it all.
- Shopping in Edinburgh is a fantastic experience catering to all tastes, styles and budgets.
Shops: Tesco express 30 second walk. Various other shops within a minute walk, City centre shops all within a 5-10-minute walk.
Dentist:and Doctors: Many available locally.
Nearest Town: Edinburgh City Centre. Lochrin is in the south-west corner of the city centre, to the west of Tollcross, and south of Fountainbridge.
Public Transport: Lochrin basin is the end of the Union Canal. From the basin it is a short walk to Haymarket Train Station (0.6 miles) or into the city centre for a wide selection of onward transport options. To reach Haymarket pass between the buildings and then straight across at the roundabout along Gardner's Crescent, then taking a left turn when Morrison Street is reached. There are many bus stops within a minute walk from the boat that will take you to any part of the city. There is also a taxi rank located 30 seconds from the boat.